Sunday 15 January 2012

Lauren Child


I got my first Tutor Report and I have to say that the feedback I got was very positive.  I would like to spend some time on contemplating suggested illustrators and the first is Lauren Childs.  In fact, I was glad when I found her surname on my list, as I knew that one of her books was in my small collection of children’s books.  Lauren Child wrote and illustrated “That pesky rat” Gold Winner of the Smarties Book Prize 2002.



She also known as an author of “Charlie and Lola” that was very successful book and than program on BBC CBeebies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVjYPwG6Ft8
I decided to use some of those illustrations on my blog.



                                                                  "That pesky rat"

"That pesky rat"













"That pesky rat"

Another illustrator is Sara Fanelli

Sara Fanelli – a life in pictures at The Guardian

 






Both of them are using college as a way of expressing their artistic ideas. It is very clear to me that they know how to get to the audience in easy and interesting way.  They know how to put their massage across and they do it in high standard way. When I looked on Lauren’s works repeatedly than I went on Google to look closer on Sara’s illustrations I saw some difference between them, Lauren is aiming for different age group than Sara.  Lauren’s work is much simpler than Sara’s is.  Sara’s work look more complicated and elaborated from visual side. However, I really like both of them, as they look different on today’s illustration market.

No comments:

Post a Comment