Wednesday 8 February 2012

Project : Abstract Illustration

Exercise : Abstract illustration

As you listen to the music create marks which convey your interpretation of the essence or mood of the piece. Work quickly and intuitively to bring a degree of self-expression to the exercise.



   I did a few sketches for this task.  The first was for the Dvorak Symphony nr.  Nine called “New world “.  The second was to the Schumann piece called “Kinderszenen”.  The third was called " Ave Verum “composed by Mozart. However, I decided to make an illustration to the music of one of my favourite Polish composer.  Jan A. P. Kaczmarek created music to movie “Finding Neverland “in 2004.




                                             Dvorak Symphony nr. Nine called “New world “. 



                                           Schumann piece called “Kinderszenen”. 




                                           " Ave Verum “ Mozart






“Finding Neverland “ Jan A.P.Kaczmarek





This is the first illustration to that piece of music.  I was working on it with Photoshop but I knew that was not the last stage of it.

I like this image as it is as light and cheerful as the music.  I hope this could be a great CD cover that would express the mood and the atmosphere of all soundtracks.







No comments:

Post a Comment